Monday, October 4, 2010

Reflection 2

Creating the website was definitely one of the hardest things I have ever had to do using a computer. It was a very difficult concept for me to grasp in the beginning but once I familiarized myself with the program it became a little easier. I still believe that if I had to do this assignment again I would not be able to do it without assistance for some things. Adding pictures and links were the easiest parts for me. It was also very simple to type up little blurbs about myself. The hardest thing for me was to link the two pages back to one another. At first it wasn't working at all, but then with help from you (the instructor), I was able to see that the reason it wasn't working was because the index file was inside of the About Me folder and it needed to be separate. I also used the help resource in the program to help me overcome the obstacles as well as resorting to the internet to fix some things. When I finally got everything working it was interesting and exciting to see that everything worked when I opened it all on the browser. There were a lot of benefits from doing this assignment. It introduced me to something I never knew existed and forced me to learn about it and to complete an assignment that was rather difficult. This program will definitely aid me in the future when I become a teacher because I can make webpages to teach lessons more effectively and make them more interesting to students. Students prefer visual aids usually all the time instead of listening to a teach just talk the entire class. This program will be a useful tool for that. I can also make the students deisgn their own webpage for a project, similar to what we did. This assignment definitely helped me realize the importance of technology in a classroom because nowadays, students at very young ages are being introduced to technology of all kinds, such as the smartboards. It is very important that I am up to speed with this and able to teach them and relate to their learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment