Monday, September 6, 2010

Reflection 1

Reflection 1-
This assignment was somewhat difficult because I wasn't sure what to say for my goals. I was tentative about taking this course because I didn't know how I was going to approach it. Most of the people that I talked to that are taking this class have a very broad knowledge of all of the things we are going to be going over and learning. This made me not want to take the class because I didn't want to be the only one who didn't know anything. My goals range from improving my use with basic things that I encounter daily, such as Microsoft Word, to learning how to do something I've never done before, such as making an electronic portfolio. I have never evaluated myself with my abilities with computers and it is very interesting to see that there are so many programs and features available to use on a computer that I never even noticed before. I am very eager to learn about all of these different aspects and be able to use them from now on. This assignment really helped me to see what I was going to be learning and also how I was going to challenge myself by doing so. I know that most of this stuff will not come easy to me, but at the same time I will have a positive attitude and know that all of these things will help me be a better teacher who can relate to the students and the technology that they are growing up with. From doing this assignment, saying my goals made it easier for me to map out what is coming. I feel like I should be evaluating myself in every class I am taking, that way, I will be less nervous and more confident to perform a task because I will be prepared for what is coming. I think just writing this reflection alone has helped me to better understand what will be expected in this course. This assignment contributed to my understanding of integrating technology into the education process because I truly realize now how important technology is and also how important it is to make sure I keep up with the newest technology. Everything we are doing in our class is really important to know to be able to relate to our students as best as we can. Students don't want to have a teacher who lectures. They want teachers with power points and web pages so they can be visually stimulated.

No comments:

Post a Comment