Tuesday, August 31, 2010

About Me

My name is Sandra. I am from New Jersey. I am a senior at the University of Hartford. I am living off campus this year and it is an interesting transition having to commute to school when I was used to living on campus. I feel much more independent living this way though. I am an English major and also minoring in French and Education. I hope to become a secondary English teacher or a writer/editor. I really would love to be a teacher because I love working with kids and this is what I have wanted to do since I was very young. I have always dreamt about being a teacher and I really hope it will happen. I am specializing in creative writing, particularly poetry. My favorite poet is Theodore Roethke. I am trying to be a better fiction writer but it is challenging because I am not very good at incorporating dialogue into stories. I am very interested in the French langauge and would love to become fluent in it. It would be a dream come true for me if I was able to live in France for a small part of my life. I traveled there before and I had an amazing time. If my career in the field of English does not work out, I would love to be a French teacher, tutor, or translator. I am very sad that I am graduating this year because I wish I had more time to explore other subject areas that are of interest to me, such as marine biology. I am excited to take CT 243 because I am not very good with computers and I would like to learn a lot more and be able to use my knowledge in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment