Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Reflection - Assignment 4

Using Cmap to create a concept map was not hard at all. The program is very user friendly and almost anyone would be able to use it. It is really fun to be able to create a concept map exactly how you want to and place things where you want to. Our assignment was to create a lesson plan using cmap and I chose to write one about preschoolers learning to wash their hands. Using Cmap is definitely a useful tool for the field of education because it is well organized and visually stimulating. It is a lot easier to look at and read compared to a text document in Microsoft Word. When I become a teacher, I will definitely use this program to set up objectives for each class and daily lesson plans. I might also make my students use this program for organizing thoughts for essays or projects or for any other assignment. I think it is way easily than writing something out or typing a long document. This can also be used in a business setting for examples of new proposals. It is short and concise and the person can elaborate when they read their notes. I think the most difficult part of this assignment was putting the concept map into the powerpoint document. Once I was given directions on how to do so, it became very simple. Before doing any assignment that I am unsure of, I always ask for help to make sure I am doing the right thing. This assignment had many benefits. I never knew this program existed (This seems to be the case every time we cover a new topic). This program is very useful and definitely something I will use in the future. I can definitely see why technology in the classroom is such an important thing. All of these programs are very beneficial for teachers and especially students, who are growing up with all of these new programs.

No comments:

Post a Comment