Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Reflection for Digital Story

The digital story was a fun assignment because it allowed me to be creative and make up a story or use pictures from an actual event that occurred in my life. I chose to create my story about a concert I went to last year with my sister Samantha. There were three bands. The first one was Taking Back Sunday, the second was Weezer, and the third and my favorite one was Blink 182. For my digital story I put pictures from the concert and narrated about the bands a little bit. At the end I tried to record a song. This assigment wasn't that hard. It was hard in the beginning, but once I familiarized myself with the program it was very easy. The hardest part was narrating because sometimes the narration wasn't in the right spot for the picture. I was having a really hard time adding music as well until I decided to record a narration of a song from my ipod dock. That was the only way to add some. I overcame my difficulties with this assignment and assignments in the past by trial and error. Each task was not correct the first time I did it. I had to constantly change and move things around. After awhile, I was able to produce a successful project. This project was beneficial because this program is definitely something I will use in the future. I can use this program to document important events in my life as well as use it for educational purposes. Students in a classroom can use this program to make an assignment creative and present it to the class. Teachers can use this program to present material in an interesting and creative way. Technology is all around us and it is important to introduce ourselves immediately to what is being offered. I thought, at 21 years old, that I knew a lot about technology, but I am finding out through this class that there are so many programs that I never knew existed. These programs are so beneficial and will really open more opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment