Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Reflection for Assignment # 3

For this assignment, we were asked to make a fictitious grade book using Microsoft Excel. I thought this assignment was really interesting and taught me a lot about using Excel, a program that I have never used before. This program is very easy to use and has a lot of features that make things a lot easier to, such as mathematical problems. We were also required to make a powerpoint, showing that we know how to embed a file into a document, and also to show our skills using powerpoint. We had to include hiding a slide and using action buttons to navigate through our slide shows. After this we were also required to write a letter to the principal explaining our grade book and how we created it, and then embed the grade book into the document again. This assignment included many different skills, all of which are important in the field of education. Microsoft programs are used all the time in the field of teaching and are essential for papers and projects. Microsoft Excel allowed me to easily make a grade book and the math functions of "sum" and "average" made the math very easy to compute. It is interesting that you only have to write the formula once and highlight the column and it will apply it to the entire column. This is definitely something I will use in the future for teaching. It is easy and organized and I will never have to use a written gradebook and do the math myself. After completing multiple assignments, I can really understand the benefits of technology in the classroom. It is important that we can present material in a way that is interesting and memorable. The benefits of all of these assignments so far are that these programs have introduced me to many different ways I can present material as a teacher. Students can also use any of these programs with ease and present their material to the class. I will definitely use these programs from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment